India and UK share a quantity of political, cultural, and economical similarities and variations. The connection between the two nations has advanced over the course of historical past, with continued collaboration between individuals, concepts and establishments persevering with until the current day. This cultural camaraderie has been additional strengthened by means of sustained and dedicated bi-lateral financial ties between the two. Take these situations:
- UK corporations create one out of each 20 jobs in the organised sector in India, using almost 800,000 individuals
- UK has invested $21 billion in India in the final 10 years, making it the largest G20 investor in the nation
- Bilateral commerce between UK and India is robust and ever-growing. In 2017-18, Okay exports to India grew by 32 % totalling £7.6bn.
- India has the fourth largest quantity of funding tasks in the UK
- 800 Indian corporations make use of 110,000 individuals in the UK
- London is the global residence of capital. Over £2 billion (₹1,800 crore) in Masala Bonds have been listed on the London Inventory Change by Indian corporations.
- There are over 400 UK-owned corporations lively in India. Turning over £80bn, making £10bn revenue – and retaining most of that in India
These statistics are only a small indicator of the robust collaborative relationship that the two nations share and showcase the continued efforts to broaden and strengthen partnerships and change in commerce, investments and know-how. In April 2018, when Prime Minister Narendra Modi met UK Prime Minister Theresa Might, they formally launched the India-UK Know-how Partnership to additional strengthen this dedication and improve the participation of the two nations in the areas of healthcare, innovation, digitisation, electrical mobility, clear power, and cyber safety. Thought-leadership summit FutureTech Festival is amongst the many initiatives which might be half of that partnership.
Register for the India-UK FutureTech Festival. It’s your ticket to explore opportunities in commerce, funding, know-how and expertise switch.
The UK Authorities in India in partnership with NITI Aayog and tech innovators, corporations and organisations from both UK and India, is internet hosting the first-ever FutureTech Festival on December 11 and 12 in New Delhi.
The summit will deliver together enterprise leaders, coverage makers, enterprise capitalists, scientists and entrepreneurs to explore opportunities for bi-lateral collaboration. It can additionally present a platform for various stakeholders to have conversations on how disruptive know-how and improvements are creating new opportunities in sustainable power, cybersecurity, fintech, synthetic intelligence, future workplaces, city panorama, healthcare, agritech, mobility and different areas. The FutureTech Festival is predicted to play a key position in growing collaboration between the two nations via commerce, funding, know-how and expertise switch, and exhibit the scale of UK-India tech capital via the launch of a variety of joint tech funds.
The occasion will see participation from greater than 100 prime UK and Indian tech corporations and organisations working throughout AI/Knowledge, Future Healthcare, Future Mobility, Fintech, Createch and Cyber Safety, amongst others. Prime CEOs, CTOs, buyers and teachers can be current on the event. UK corporations half of the occasion are anticipated to go to Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore to meet, community and pitch for enterprise and funding.
The FutureTech Festival can be launched on December 11, 2018 at the British Excessive Commissioner’s residence in New Delhi. Occasions on December 12, Day 2 of the pageant, will embrace thought-leadership programmes, conferences and may even function a high-impact exhibition.
Join with authorities businesses, science and analysis establishments, startups and highly effective corporates, perceive extra about the benefits of technological disruptions and how you can faucet commerce and funding opportunities in India and the UK. Register for the India-UK FutureTech Festival in the present day.
- 1 Key highlights of this two-day occasion
- 1.1 TECH Rocketship Awards
- 1.2 A reside velocity hacking contest for Fintech startups
- 1.3 Launch of UK-India Quick Monitor Begin-up Fund
- 1.4 Launch of UK-India Healthcare Synthetic Intelligence Catalyst
- 1.5 An immersive session that may showcase the prospects of how convergence of new applied sciences can share the future
- 1.6 Discussions and partaking roundtables by business thought leaders, business leaders, authorities leaders and academicians from the two nations
- 1.7 Come, be a part of us in New Delhi on December 11 and 12 at the India-UK FutureTech Festival. Register at the moment.
Key highlights of this two-day occasion
TECH Rocketship Awards
The TECH Rocketship Awards are a joint initiative from the Division for Worldwide Commerce and a variety of Indian startup companions, and have been endorsed by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, British Prime Minister Theresa Might and some of largest names in Indian enterprise starting from Mohan Pai to Anand Mahindra.
The 2018-19 TECH Rocketship Awards will present India’s prime tech entrepreneurs and scale-up companies a chance to win worldwide enterprise improvement help in the UK. The award classes this yr embrace fintech, med-tech, Web of Issues, cloud computing and knowledge analytics, cyber safety and synthetic intelligence. The awards additionally embrace a further spot underneath the ‘judges’ award for creativity’.
As well as, there’s additionally the Fintech Rocketship Awards the place greater than 40 fintech entrepreneurs from the UK and India yearly profit from a mutual trade of mentorship, tech and funding. As half of this initiative and the FutureTech Festival, a delegation of 19 UK fintech corporations can be visiting Bengaluru and New Delhi.
The grand finale of the Tech Rocketship Awards 2018-19 will happen on December 11 alongside the FutureTech pageant launch.
A reside velocity hacking contest for Fintech startups
Day 2 of the FutureTech pageant may even embrace a reside velocity hacking contest, designed by fintech specialists. Groups of builders, designers and innovators from the UK and India’s fintech startup communities will compete on this day-long artistic problem-solving occasion. The profitable workforce will win a chance to translate their concepts into follow with the assist of main fintech practitioners in India. Royal Financial institution of Scotland is a key sponsor of the hackathon. Fintech startups wishing to take part in the reside velocity hacking contest want to contact Nandini Saxena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launch of UK-India Quick Monitor Begin-up Fund
The UK Authorities, by way of the Division for Worldwide Improvement in India, is committing up to £38 million to the Indian startup ecosystem. The Authorities of India, via the Division of Industrial Coverage and Promotion, will make an identical dedication of £20 million from the Fund of Funds for startups managed by SIDBI. The Fund might be launched by Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, Division of Industrial Coverage and Promotion (DIPP), and Gavin McGillivray, Head of the Division for Worldwide Improvement (DFID), India.
Launch of UK-India Healthcare Synthetic Intelligence Catalyst
The UK Division of Worldwide Commerce and NITI Aayog have come together to launch a £1 million programme, bringing leading edge AI healthcare applied sciences from the UK to India. Beginning this December, UK’s healthtech corporations can be implementing their options in district hospitals and Main Well being Centres throughout some of India’s most challenged districts – serving to them enhance entry to diagnostic exams, overcome workforce shortages, and decrease healthcare prices.
Deep dive into the what the occasion has in retailer. There’s one thing of curiosity for everybody.
Acknowledging that we’re in an age the place augmented actuality (AR), digital actuality (VR) and synthetic intelligence (AI) are making their presence felt, the pageant is internet hosting a one-of-its type session powered by these very applied sciences. The stay occasion setup will contain the specialists, the viewers and on-line individuals in a stay dialog – delivered by using Immersive Tech, AI and ML.
Right here’s the full listing of audio system who shall be at the FutureTech Festival.
- What’s the significance of efficient IP enforcement to incentivise commerce and funding?
- How is UK’s Nationwide Well being Service embracing the newest in digital techniques and AI to ship improved affected person outcomes and personalised drugs and prevention.
- How does the use of science and know-how in farming practices assist farmers overcome the challenges of altering climate patterns and environmental threats?
- What cutting-edge applied sciences are driving the improvement of sustainable and sensible infrastructure, and constructing the subsequent era cities?
- How can one reply to a cyber-attack as the assault unfolds?
- How can one develop regulatory interventions to help the progress of the fintech sector?
- What do specialists working in transformative know-how with and for communities throughout India have to say about placing individuals at the coronary heart of technological innovation?
Explore these and different such fascinating subjects being mentioned and debated at the FutureTech Festival.
Leaders from corporations corresponding to 3one4 Capital, AcornOakNorth, AGBT, AstraZenica, Aviva, BT, Carbonculture, Chalo, Management Dangers, Equiniti, Flipkart, Founders Manufacturing unit, G4S, Inmarsat, Max Bupa, Mobikwik, OCS, Orbo, Individuals.io, PwC, RELX-Elsevier,Renishaw, Rolls Royce, Normal Life Aberdeen, Tevva Motors, TVS Logistics, Vidrona Ltd, Vodafone, Grant Thornton India, Make investments India, and many extra at the occasion.
With over 100 tech corporations from both nations showcasing pioneering works, fascinating discussions by academicians, policymakers and entrepreneurs, a stay fintech hackathon, and the launch of startup funds, the first ever India-UK FutureTech Festival has rather a lot in retailer for Indian tech startups. Be an element of this dynamic and interactive occasion that’s designed to assist startups and entrepreneurs explore cross-border commerce, funding and know-how opportunities.
Come, be a part of us in New Delhi on December 11 and 12 at the India-UK FutureTech Festival. Register at the moment.
(perform(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = ‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.11&appId=252967394737645’;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));